Hosting an Easter or Mother’s Day event? Delight your guests with some of these fun spring decor ideas and accents.
Not sure where to begin? Keep in mind these few simple tips:
- The size of your table matters. Knowing how much space you have to work with is really important because this will dictate how the centerpiece might interfere with the function of your table. Large or square tables may look better with a larger centerpiece but a narrower table may look better with smaller, longer accents that draw the eye down the length of the table or through an entry way.
- Incorporate a clear jar or vase. Starting with a clear jar or vase in your centerpiece gives you a large variety of options- you can fill the vase with colorful eggs, jellybeans, or moss to add texture and then add fresh or faux flowers to complete the look. The best part? Shapes and sizes of clear jars or vases are basically endless giving you tons of options to create your look.
- Play with color. Having specific colors in mind helps keep the arrangement focused. For Spring, consider incorporating lovely pastels like yellow, pink, purple, or green.
- Include height variation. Give yourself, and your guests, an interesting sight line by adding various heights to your centerpiece. (Pro tip: make sure that the heights do not disrupt conversation sight lines.)
- Add fresh blooms. Nothing helps pull you out of a Winter slump than beautiful, blooming flowers! Consider adding springtime favorites like Carnations, Lillie’s, Tulips, Daffodils, Daisies, or Hydrangeas to tie everything together.
Have any tips we missed? Share them in the comments section below!Share This Post!